Wednesday, February 17, 2016

A List of My Favorite Books By Genre

I'm sitting in the Coop right now enjoying Professor Martha Nussbaum's exquisitely written philosophical treatise and I had a thought in my mind about some of my favorite books here in this particular post. Because of this particular thought bubble, I will now list a relatively brief list of my favorite books by genre. As the blog is mostly about my interest in Economics, I will start with my favorite Economics books, but I will include books from other subjects such as Political Science, Public Policy, Philosophy, etc.

Favorite Economics Books:

Thomas Piketty - Capital in the Twenty-First Century
Hyman Minsky - Stabilizing an Unstable Economy
David Ricardo - The Principles of Political Economy and Taxation
Karl Polanyi - The Great Transformation
Milton Friedman / Anna Schwarz- A Monetary History of the United States 1867-1960
John Von Neumann - Theory of Games and Economic Behavior
Paul Samuelson - Economics 
Ludwig Von Mises - Human Action: A Treatise on Human Behavior
John Maynard Keynes - The General Theory of Employment, Interest, and Money
Adam Smith - The Wealth of Nations

Favorite Non-Economics Books:

Wilhelm von Humboldt - The Limits of State Action
Francis Fukuyama - Political Order and Political Decay: From Industrial Revolution to the Globalization of Democracy
Richard Feynman - Feynman Lectures on Physics
John Nash - Essays on Game Theory
Confucius - The Analects 
George Orwell - 1984
John Stuart Mill - Utilitarianism
Bertrand Russell - The Problems of Philosophy
David Hume - An Enquiry Concerning the Principles of Morals
John Stuart Mill - On Liberty
John Rawls - A Theory of Justice

No comments:

Post a Comment