Monday, September 7, 2015

September Reading List and Interesting Assorted Material

In this particular blog post, I will write my usual monthly reading list, but I will talk about other assorted material, which will include an update on my series of posts on business cycles and another related post on the (New Keynesian) Phillips Curve.

September Reading List:

1. Birth of a Theorem: A Mathematical Adventure - Cedric Villani
2. International Dimensions of Monetary Policy - Justin Yifu Lin

The other part of this particular post is about the series of posts on business cycles that I had planned earlier this summer and another related post on the (New Keynesian) Phillips Curve. During the summer, I decided to postpone the series of posts on business cycles as I had a long term project that had attending to, but I will post them gradually throughout this semester as I will definitely have some spare time in order to do so. As for the other related post on the (New Keynesian) Phillips Curve, it is something that has been on my mind all summer. I have reading a series of articles/blog posts and other related material that pertains to the history, the theories and the underlying criticisms of the Phillips Curve and I will attempt to dissect the Phillips Curve from many particular angles. In a relatively long but concise post, I will attempt to investigate the controversial Phillips Curve from both the key concepts within the theory itself and its often interesting policy prescriptions. I have no idea when this post will be completed, but it will probably be up as soon as I have some time to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment