Monday, December 29, 2014

An Interesting Econ Chart

I have found a interesting chart on the different modern branches of economics and their predecessors browsing through different articles on Economic theory. I have yet to decide where I stand, especially since I can see that there are tremendous flaws in each of the many approaches to solving the tough economic issues of our time. 

The chart describes the common economic spectrum found in the field today. As you can see, there are many branches, from the anarcho-capitalists on the left to the post-Keynesians and the Marxians on the right. I think it's interesting that they have inverted the common left-right dichotomy. Despite the chart listing the most common modern approaches, I think there are other schools that are missing from this chart. They could also go with a multi-dimensional approach, by organizing them in a more detailed manner.

There is another chart on the many various non-Austrian libertarians, but I'm not going to post that. It's interesting that I'll be reading Robert Nozick's Anarchy, State and Utopia, as I've heard about his interesting interpretations of the non-aggression principle, while simultaneously rejecting the canonization of John Locke that other libertarians seem to prescribe to. It'll also be interesting to compare with A Theory of Justice, which was one of the books that I immensely enjoyed reading during my undergraduate years.

No comments:

Post a Comment